Wetlands Walk Workday
The Wetlands Walk is hosting a volunteer work day on Saturday August 17 from 9am - 1pm at Gunstock Mountain Resort.
New Hampshire’s Recreational Trails Program has provided a grant of $67,164 to the Belknap County Conservation District for the Wetlands Walk. As a result, the quarter mile wheelchair accessible boardwalk will be receiving new supports, a kiosk for trout and stream information will be added on Poorfarm Brook via the Brook Run Trail and signage for access improved. The Conservation District and Wetlands Walk volunteers must provide match.
To help generate match and prepare to have the contractor begin, we will be having a workday on Saturday 8/17 9am-1pm, including a light lunch.
Tasks will be from simple to hard and messy including:
- Installing 3 sign posts for the new signs
- Sanding and wood putty on the visual edging
- Digging out purple loosestrife
- Continuing to lower beaver dams to keep Runoff Stream flowing and make it easier for new support installation
- Help lift the new kiosk into place
- Clip out brush along the boardwalk where helical piles will be installed
- Add name plaques
- Minor carpentry
- General cleanup
If you would like to help now or in the future, please email email@example.com or call Jan at 707-9760. Another way to assist with the project is to download a Buy a Board form at www.belknapccd.org and add you or another’s name to the boardwalk.
Check out the website for more pictures and information www.belknapccd.org