Mainstay Technologies is a mission-driven, fast growing company that provides IT and Information Security services to organizations throughout New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts. We care deeply about our clients and about our company—our culture is one of our strongest assets. We believe in “conscious capitalism”—a business model that balances all stakeholders and seeks to provide ever-increasing value to our clients, team members, community, vendors, and the environment. Our mission is to always give more than we get by creating value and having a positive impact at every turn.
We are in an exciting and evolving industry with significant opportunities ahead. We love what we do, and we are growing! In New Hampshire, we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work For and Coolest Companies for Young Professionals. Demonstrating the excellence of our team, Mainstay has also won “Best of Business” for Managed IT Services, the Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, and we’ve made the Inc. 5000 List for fastest growing companies several times.
Our clients typically have a staff of 15-300 happy professionals and look to us for technology and security leadership, guidance, and service delivery. We provide the service of a full IT department and a full Information Security/Compliance department.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The role you’ve been looking for is here! Mainstay Technologies is looking for both Mid and Senior level Systems Administrators (SA) that are passionate about helping people, thrive when flexing between varied tasks, leverage a broad technical foundation, and enjoy evaluating new technologies. If you have project experience, possess exceptional troubleshooting skills, and prosper in a goal-oriented, fast-paced environment- this is the role for you!
As the SA for dedicated clients, you’ll lead essential elements of the service delivery our clients praise. We provide the service of an entire secure IT department and you’ll engage intimately with our clients to deliver on our commitment to excellence. You’re responsible for managing ongoing client relationships, participating in leading technology improvements, overseeing proactive measures, implementing projects (with the support of specialist engineers), and exercising a high degree of "ownership" over the clients’ environment. This is an integral role, working closely with other team members for comprehensive service delivery.
But how will you keep up with all there is to know in the evolving world of IT? We provide continuous training opportunities and team support, and there are multiple opportunities for growth, training, and specialization. The experience gained is significant!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Performing IT systems administration and engineering
- Taking ownership of client network health and reliability through proactive maintenance and audits
- Implementing new technologies, with the support of dedicated engineers
- Routinely visiting clients onsite as well as managing items remotely
- Working with company team leaders to develop and lead the implementation of roadmaps for clients to bring them into solid standards and leverage of innovation
- Working with other team members for a complete IT department delivery - bringing enterprise level service to small businesses
- Managing client line-of-business applications
- Reviewing reports for system health, trends, and open items for client, working alongside the client's point-of-contact - seeking to ensure their environment is performing well and aligned well with business goals
- Addressing some reactive desktop, server, and network issues, assisting the whole team with what needs to be done
- Participating or leading client projects, implementing new technologies such as servers, firewalls, applications, and more
QUALITIES YOU SHOULD HAVE
One of the most important attributes to have is genuine caring and passion for the success of other people. We don't just care about industry leading technology, or top-notch service, but we are genuinely passionate about the success of our clients.
- Excellent foundation in technology, including experience with infrastructure, Active Directory, applications, and workstations.
- Strong inter-personal skills - enjoy relating with staff & clients.
- Solid problem-solving skills - be able to take a challenge and break it down.
- Committed professionalism - showing up on time, working hard, and no office politics! (We have each other's backs and are committed to helping one another succeed)
- Deal maturely with the pressures of the job and take ownership over your own work. (We do not micromanage - instead setting goals and providing resources and support)
- Love working as a team.
- Desire for career and personal growth.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment.
- Multiple years in the industry, supporting IT.
- Multi-task with exceptionally high consistency and attention to detail.
- Excellent technical and business aptitude, with an ability to learn quickly.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 4+ years of experience in full time IT, including Windows server and network administration
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), or Associates Degree in IT minimum preferred education
- A solid understanding of system best practices, including areas of workstation, server, network, and peripheral support and deployment
With New Hampshire offices in Belmont and Manchester, this position can choose to work out of either office. This role is currently working remotely with limited (and safe) reimbursed travel to client sites (all within easy driving distance). Preferred applicants are local to the area or may already be intentionally relocating.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a full time, salaried position with a full benefits package, including 75% of medical costs covered for the entire family. Benefits also include: 401(k) with 3% match, training program (including paid certifications, tuition reimbursement, and bonuses on achieving certs), laptop, smartphone, charitable program, 3 weeks of starting PTO (4 weeks after 2 years), and long-term sabbatical benefit.