Commercial Lines Account Manager
Join our winning team and work for Melcher & Prescott, voted the best insurance agency in the Lakes Region two years in a row! We are growing and are seeking Commercial Lines Account Managers. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package.
The Account Manager is responsible for providing sales support, services and retains an assigned book of business by handling the day-to-day operations of clients’ insurance needs.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned).
- Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business. Identifies and requests renewal exposures. Guides clients through the renewal process, and submits requests to carriers according to the renewal process timetable. Follows up with carrier underwriters and completes the appropriate renewal per Agency procedures. Reviews experience modifiers.
- Processes change requests, endorsements, binders, account summaries, proposals, policies, audit and account balance status when requested. Ensures that these items are given to client in a timely manner. Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients. Responds to requests from clients and carriers.
- Maintains files with proper records according to Agency procedures.
- Assists in the development of strong business relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel. Recognizes and satisfies carrier goals and objectives in order to enhance business relationships.
- Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal policies, endorsements, and audits for accuracy in rating, coverage, signatures, and enters these transactions to generate billing invoices in a timely manner.
- Determines reason for requests for cancellation and follows cancellation procedures accordingly.
- Teams with the C/L Manager, Assistants, Claims, and Producers.
- Attends and participates in Commercial Lines meetings
- Refers current and prospective clients to other Agency departments for solicitation of other lines of business.
- Participates in required continuing professional development. Maintains Property & Casualty insurance license in New Hampshire. Tracks CE to maintain license.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Resolves problems in a timely manner
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations within the team, clients and carriers.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Uses professional tone in all forms of communication.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational mission
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of industry experience with commercial insurance background and markets
- Current Property & Casualty License
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to use Agency Management System software, preferably AMS360
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to navigate and rate on all carrier websites
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Laconia, NH (Preferred)
- Property & Casualty License (Preferred)
- One location
- Key Leader
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place