Personal Lines Account Manager
Join our winning team and work for Melcher & Prescott, voted 'Best of the Lakes Region' four years in a row! We are growing and are seeking a Personal Lines Account Manager. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package.
The Account Manager is responsible for providing sales support, service clients' insurance needs and retain a book of business. The Account Manager will spend approximately 75% servicing and retaining their book of business and 25% will be spent marketing and preparing new business proposals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business. Identifies and requests renewal exposures. Guides clients through the renewal process, and submits requests to carriers according to the renewal process timetable. Follows up with carrier underwriters and completes the appropriate renewal per Agency procedures. Reviews experience modifiers.
- Processes change requests, endorsements, binders, certificates, account summaries, proposals, policies, and account balance status when requested. Ensures that these items are given to client in a timely manner. Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients. Responds to requests from clients and carriers.
- Maintains files with proper records according to Agency procedures.
- Assists in the development of strong business relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel. Recognizes and satisfies carrier goals and objectives in order to enhance business relationships.
- Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal policies, endorsements, and for accuracy in rating, coverage, signatures, and enters these transactions to generate billing invoices in a timely manner.
- Determines reason for requests for cancellation and follows cancellation procedures accordingly.
- Teams with the P/L Manager, Assistants, Claims, and Producers as needed
- Attends and participates in Personal Lines meetings
- Refers current and prospective clients to other Agency departments for solicitation of other lines of business.
- Participates in required continuing professional development. Maintains Property & Casualty insurance license in New Hampshire. Tracks CE to maintain license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 - 5 years of industry experience
- Current Property & Casualty License
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to use Agency Management System software
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to navigate and rate on all carrier websites
- Full knowledge of insurance markets
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
We offer a full benefit package, a beautiful office and an opportunity to grow.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Day shift / Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate: Laconia, NH (Preferred)
License/Certification: Property & Casualty License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Paid Training: Yes
Management: Key Leader
Company's website: www.melcher-prescott.com
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No