Our Family Services Department at Spaulding Academy & Family Services currently has an opportunity for a Residential Case Manager. The primary purpose of the role is to provide case management and direct services to families, children, and youth served by Spaulding Academy & Family Services. This position is full time, with some shared responsibility in the Resource on-call rotation.
Essential functions for this role are:
- Provide families face to face support and education using a multi-systemic approach as prescribed in treatment the plan
- Coordinate quarterly treatment team meetings
- Identify community resources, programs, and support networks on behalf of children and their families
- Coordinate, document, and assist with transportation and family visit arrangements as prescribed by the treatment plan
- Work closely with other assigned staff in providing case management for designated cases
- Serve as liaison by coordinating internal communication between other departments at Spaulding as well as external agencies (courts, schools, DCYF, mental health, etc.), and families through timely, effective, and professional communication
- Complete all paperwork within the timelines expected (court reports, treatment plans, case notes, phone notes, monthlies, discharge reports, other documents as assigned) in compliance with expectations or Medicaid compliance and any other deadlines. Completes accurate and detailed contact notes within the EHR within 7 days
- Serve as point of primary communication with assigned families, as supervised by the clinician
- Facilitate, schedule and document youth visits with family or collaterals both at Spaulding and at home to include communicating the information regarding family visits, on and off campus, to relevant staff within the identified timelines
- Work with assigned clinician/behavioral specialist in gathering relevant data, identifying appropriate goals for treatment, appropriately communicating that data through use of graphs, reports, and related formats to ensure student progress
- Focus efforts on permanency and family-centered approaches which values and facilitates family involvement and training as well as working collaboratively with the permanency team
- Participate in various meetings and communicate the pertinent details of each to appropriate parties
Knowledge & Skills required:
• Must be able to be an effective manager of human relationships.
• Must possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and organization skills, and have a strong understanding of parenting skills and ability to teach and support parents.
• This position requires good knowledge on Word and Excel.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be able to drive for long periods.
Educational and experience requirements are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field
• Experience in applied behavior analysis, support services and/or advocacy is desirable
• Experience in understanding children and family systems and behavioral approaches to treatment
Spaulding proudly supports staff wellness by offering competitive wages, a very generous benefits package, free meals and coffee in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center available to staff 24/7, several employee appreciation events through the year, and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus. To apply for the Residential Case Manager role, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@ spauldingservices.org., or visit our website to complete an application.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.