Director of Development & Community Relations
Reporting directly to and working closely with the CEO of Spaulding Academy & Family Services and its Board, the Director of Development & Community Relations is the chief fundraising coordinator responsible for providing strategic leadership for planning, implementation, and administration of fundraising activities for Spaulding. Spaulding is currently undertaking several large and pivotal projects and we need a proactive, creative, and successful fundraiser with both small and corporate donors.
A non-profit organization, Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic, and community-based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning, or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Our campus is located in Northfield, NH and we welcome girls and boys from ages 4 to 21 from around New Hampshire and beyond. In addition to programs provided on our Northfield campus, Spaulding’s community-based programs include foster family licensing, Individual Service Option (ISO) foster care, ISO in-home services, child health support services, and more, for children ages 0 to 20 and their families.
Requirements for this role include:
- A college degree and a proven development track record with 5-10 years of progressive fundraising experience.
- Candidates must possess superb communication, organizational, and management skills; the ability to exercise discretion with confidential donor information; the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills; proven track record of managing an integrated marketing and communications plan;
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communications skills; ability to effectively interface at all levels within the organization;
- Work well under deadline pressure; ability to establish strong relationships; work well in a team setting; display flexibility.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines; attention to detail is a must. Proficiency using Microsoft Office and willingness to learn other computer programs. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising programs required.
- High energy with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations is helpful.
The Spaulding staff is fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.