The Food Services team at Spaulding Academy & Family Services is responsible for providing over 400 meals per day to our students, staff and guests. Together, we create healthy meals, often tailored to specific dietary needs of our students on campus, every day.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Established in 1871, Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was formerly known as Spaulding Youth Center since 1958. Our scenic hilltop campus is located on nearly 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond. In addition to programs provided on our Northfield campus, Spaulding’s community based programs include foster family licensing, Individual Service Option (ISO) foster care, ISO in-home services, child health support services and more, for children ages 0 to 20 and their family.
The role of the Food Services Associate (FSA) is to:
- support the safe and timely delivery of food to all those on campus.
- be responsible for maintaining cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety standards.
- ensure the dishwashing area is clean, safe and sanitary.
- fulfill some food preparation responsibilities.
While the FSA duties are specific to dish washing and keeping all serving and cooking tools and surfaces clean and organized, our team cross trains all positions. Based on this, the FSA may also act as a Front Line Server for our students and staff, be responsible for restocking supplies in the kitchen and walk-in cooler, and be involved in receiving, recording and stocking food deliveries.
Successful FSA candidates will:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have knowledge of basic sanitary guidelines
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be reliable ~ we need our team here to do this important work
- Be honest and respectful of our students and staff
- Have the ability and desire to function as a team player and to be part of a small, interdependent and close-knit team who strive to meet critical deadlines daily
- Show attention to detail, and have the ability to follow policies and procedures consistently and accurately
- Recognize that performing their job safely and effectively is vitally important and makes a tangible difference in the lives of our students and staff
- And very importantly, have a sense of humor
Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SpauldingServices.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.